Happy New Year to all my ‘Inspire’ readers and Facebook friends, this is my first time of communicating my thoughts to you since last year and I feel compelled to pray some prayers for you. I know many pastors and Christian leaders are running prayer programs at this time. In fact, we run what we call ‘Creative Days’ in our church, coined from Gen 1 v 1 because we believe that the best way to Start a Year is to Create Your Year in the Place Of Prayers.
There are so many annual themes for different people from different church fathers, some are ‘Prophetic’, others are simply ‘Motivational’, ‘Instructional’ and perhaps ‘Political’. I want to start the year with my Prayers for all my readers and friends out there, these are simple Christian Prayers from a loving heart for godly people who love the Lord out there.
MY 5 PRAYERS FOR YOU IN 2019
- YOU WILL LOVE THE LORD MORE THAN LAST YEAR: This is perhaps the most spiritual prayer out there, it was the summary of Paul’s prayers for the Ephesians church in Eph. 1 v 17-19; 3 v 17-21. The greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all our hearts and minds so I pray the same for you this year.
- YOUR PROGRESS WILL APPEAR TO ALL: This is one of my silent prayers every year, because I like the word ‘Progress’ more than ‘Success’ as defined by most church leaders today, it’s one of the promises of the Word to us all in 1Tim. 4 v 15 – ‘Meditate upon these things, give yourself wholly to them; that they profiting or ‘Progress’ May appear to all’ …what a promise!
- ENJOY THE PEACE OF GOD THROUGHOUT THE YEAR: I strongly believe that it is a wealthy man who enjoys the Peace Of God not the person who lacks the Peace Of God but rich in gold. The blessing of ‘Divine Peace’ cannot be overrated in the life of a believer and this is what we get when we cultivate a habit of handing over our worries to God in prayers (Philippians 4 v 6-7; Isa. 26 v 3).
- LIVE A HAPPY AND CONTENTED LIFE: Avarice is killing many young people and Nigerians in general, lots of people are resorting to unthinkable levels in their unimaginable quest for wealth, the answer to such hunger is to Live a Content Lifestyle without being unnecessarily lackadaisical in outlook. Godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Tim. 6 v 6). The fastest path to a truly ‘Happy Life’ is Contentment.
- YOU WILL LIVE AND NOT DIE: My final prayerful thought for you this year is that it will not be your last year on earth but rather, you will Live to declare the works of the Lord in your life. The psalmist made the declaration that is my affirmation in Psalm 118 v 17. I truly pray that you will finish the year Stronger, Better and Wiser Than you started it.
Having shared my thoughts for 2019 above, I hope you will silently internalize them into Prayers today and keep them in your hearts throughout the year.
Happy New Year!