I know this is a title that many do not expect preachers to teach and practice yet I will be brave today to explain the times that it can be humanly ‘Difficult’ to Forgive but not ‘Impossible’ with God’s Grace within one’s heart.
The statement of Joseph in scriptures Inspired this article coupled with the experience of the Master both in the garden of Gethsemane and on the Cross of Calvary. Let me share those two or three bible passages with you hoping to trigger deep meditations within your souls.
“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto
“Now he that betrayed him gave them a
“come to the place, which is
I am sure we are familiar with the passages above but may not be able to forgive the perpetrators of the evil deeds if we were on the receiving end of those dastardly acts of evil and betrayals. I will love to further Inspire you with the summary of these acts by enumerating Times it is difficult to Forgive. More so as we end the year 2018, I will love to admonish my readers to kindly embrace Forgiveness in their hearts towards those who have offended them.
5 TIMES IT IS DIFFICULT TO FORGIVE
- WHEN YOUR BROTHERS SELL YOU CHEAP IN SLAVERY: This was practically the experience of Joseph with his brothers back in the day as mentioned in scriptures yet he found a place in his heart to ‘forgive’ them of this satanic action. I am pained that such still goes on today with family members selling their loved ones into modern day slavery through trafficking and so on, but I pray we find it in our hearts to forgive.
- WHEN YOUR LOVER SELLS YOU TO YOUR ENEMIES: I am reminded of Samson’s dilemma with Delilah when she sold him to the highest bidders who were lords of the philistines. It can be disheartening when someone you love passionately betrays your trust yet you are ‘commanded’ in scriptures to forgive them unconditionally.
- WHEN YOUR FRIEND BETRAYS YOU WITH A KISS: This was the experience of our Lord Jesus with Judas Iscariot His friend. In fact, the Lord Called Him friend after he carried out the worst case of betrayal in history of mankind in my honest opinion. The person that ate dinner with Him went ahead to betray Him with a Kiss when he led his opponents to Him in His garden . The Lord forgave Judas but the act was so bad that he could not forgive himself; he had to commit suicide.
- WHEN YOU ARE NAILED TO THE CROSS WITH THIEVES BY YOUR SIDE: This simply is very wrong and so evil yet The Lord Jesus prayed the famous prayer of forgiveness on the Cross Of Calvary as quoted above. He was numbered with criminals and nailed to the cross for an offense he did not commit, yet He forgave them all. I recall watching a documentary of a man wrongly committed to prison for 28 years in America for a crime he did not commit before the advent of DNA, but was later found innocent and freed, this is travesty of justice and yet the man forgave the State and moved in with his life.
- WHEN YOU ARE HUNTED DOWN BY SOMEONE YOU SERVED LOYALLY: King David went through Hell in the hands of his mentor and master Saul, he served Saul so faithfully and diligently, yet because of envy, he was hunted down and chased into holes and caves, sent into exile for no good reason…but David found it in his heart to forgive Saul and in fact celebrated him after his death with a royal burial. I went through something similar and God taught me to forgive practically not just in words.
I hope we have been Inspired today to forgive those who hurt us, I know there are times it can be very Difficult to forgive but not Impossible with God’s Grace In our hearts. Please let go the hatred and forgive everyone who hurt you this year as you go into the year 2019.